Saturday, February 5, 2011

Gearing Up

I finally received my organic extra virgin coconut oil in the mail today.  I read a lot about its many benefits and thought I would give it a try.  Not only does it curb your appetite, boost your metabolism, is good for your immune system and your digestive system among other systems, it is also good as a conditioner on your hair, is great for dry skin, and can be applied around the eyes for those pesky little crinkles in the corners.  I figure even if it only works for some of those things it was worth the price I paid.  You can also use it for cooking and is much better for you than regular cooking oil.  I'm going to give it a shot and see what happens.  I am also buying a new scale today so I can actually see the pounds come off in actual numbers.  My old scale reads the same no matter what you do.  I could be standing on it and Jo could get on with me and it wouldn't budge.  A bit of a problem when you're trying to keep track of weight loss.  And a little discouraging.  Still doing the South Beach Diet which worked pretty good last time I tried it.  My daughter was sweet enough to make me some eggs this morning and I am having my glass of V-8 juice right now.  Off to a good start I think.  The exercising will begin on Monday morning and tomorrow I'm going to figure out my schedule for that.  I have a hard time exercising with an audience and being graded.  Takes all the fun out of it for me.  I'm ready! Let the games begin! (and go Steelers!) ~ D

No comments:

Post a Comment